Triangle Prep Challenge [HS scrimmage]
2019 Triangle Prep Challenge – an NCHSAA sanctioned HS Varsity Scrimmage
Saturday, August 10, 2019, 8am – 3pm
- Apex HS
- Cardinal Gibbons HS
- Carrboro HS
- Colonial Baptist Church Homeschool League
- D.H. Conley HS
- East Surry HS
- Franklinton HS
- Fuquay-Varina HS
- Green Level HS
- Havelock HS
- Hillside HS
- Hoggard HS
- Knightdale HS
- North Raleigh Christian Academy
- Panther Creek HS
- Person County HS
- Rocky Mount HS
- Vance Charter
- Wake Christian HS
- Wake Forest HS
- Wheatmore HS
Schedule is available here.
Tournament Location – Triangle is now located in the Wake Competition Center (as of January 1, 2019). Address: 121 Competition Center Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560. Located off Aviation Parkway SOUTH of I-40 in the Dominion Drive business park. GPS is still having trouble finding our new location so make sure it is taking you to the address above and NOT Globe Center.
Warm Up balls and carts are provided on each court
Format – Play will begin at 8am on Saturday (note that not all teams will be scheduled for the first round of play). All rounds are timed. Head coaches will report to their courts promptly and agree on how much time will be dedicated to warmups for each round, with the exception of the 8AM round.
Team Check In – will occur on a rolling basis at our check in desk located in the left side of the foyer. Teams should plan to report no less 30 minutes prior to their first match.
Officiating – High school officials provided.
Athletic Training – Each team will need to provide their own tape, pre-wrap and medical supplies. We will have a trainer on-site beginning at 7:30AM to handle any emergencies.
Results – Per NCHSAA regulations, any ‘results’ cannot be published, recorded or used to determine post season play or published [newspapers, websites, online, etc.].
Parking – the WCC has over 800 parking spots shared between the various tenants.
- Parking is only allowed in designated parking spaces. Those parking elsewhere risk towing at the owner’s expense.
- There is a drop off lane for athletes and those with disabilities, but please note cars are not allowed to wait in this area.
- We have disability parking near the front door for those with proper documentation AND when the person for whom the documentation was issued is in the vehicle.
- Buses will park in the overflow lot (left at the traffic circle)
Admission: $5; Children Under 4 FREE [same standard for all NCHSAA events]
- Doors open to the gym at 7am.
- NO FOOD OR DRINK (except water is closed lid containers) IS ALLOWED ON COURT! This includes spectator areas where bleachers are set up on a court. NO EXCEPTIONS, WATER ONLY ON COURTS.
- Athletes are to store their team bags and belongings in cubbies located on the mezzanine level.
- Bleacher seating provided on the first level. Standing room only on the mezzanine level.
- Personal spectator chairs are not allowed inside the building [due to spectator safety in the event we need to exit the building quickly].
- No coolers or food tables allowed inside the facility, on the front porch or sidewalks.
- Participants ONLY allowed on court. Ball Handling in all off-court areas is strictly prohibited.
- Videotaping is permitted on the mezzanine level only.
- Respect and honor for the game is expected of all athletes, coaches and spectators. Your cooperation is appreciated.
For more information contact: Jenna Hinton, Event Director, 919.462.8196