MAPL Raleigh: February 29-March 1, 2020
FOLLOW US on Instagram: @maplraleigh
Raleigh Convention Center (RCC)
500 South Salisbury St.
Raleigh, NC 27601
Triangle Volleyball Club at the Wake Competition Center (NEW LOCATION, January 2019)
121 Competition Center Drive
Morrisville, NC 27560
located ca. 20 minutes from the RCC
- GIRLS BLACK & BLUE divisions will be played at the Raleigh Convention Center
- GIRLS RED division will be played at Triangle Volleyball Club (NEW LOCATION)
- BOYS 14s will be played at Triangle Volleyball Club on Saturday ONLY (NEW LOCATION)
- BOYS 16s & 18s will be played at the Raleigh Convention Center on both Saturday and Sunday
Special Events – USA Volleyball High Perfomance Tryout
Junior Girls High Performance Tryout – 2019 Tryout will be held on Friday, March 1st from 5-8 PM in the Raleigh Convention Center. For more information please click HERE.
- MAPL Raleigh tournament registration OPENS in AES on October 1, 2019. Early acceptance is Wed. December 19, 2018. Final and full acceptance will be following the MLK weekend events. Hotel survey for downtown hotels opens October 5, 2018 at 10 AM.
- Teams are permitted to register for the event without rosters. However, in order to ensure that coaches, team representatives, etc. receive vital tournament information via AES email it is imperative that rosters be loaded into AES as soon as possible.
- TEAMS MUST COMPLETE A PRE-ACCEPTANCE SURVEY which is used to assist the MAPL Competition Committee with team acceptance criteria. To complete the survey visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MAPLearly
- This is NOT an open entry tournament where team acceptance is done on a first-come, first-served basis. Alternatively, acceptance criteria is based on team performance relative to strength of field and rests strongly on performance history and strength of a teams’ competition schedule.
- Teams play in mixed age divisions. BLACK [16-18’s]; BLUE [14-16’s], and RED [13-14’s]. It is typical that less than 10-16’s teams play in the BLACK division and less than 10-14’s teams play in the BLUE division.
- Seeding will rely primarily on results as found in AES. It is each team’s responsibility to maintain their results in AES for seeding purposes.
- REFUND POLICY: A full refund will be given with written notice to Triangle Volleyball Club [email@example.com] if recieved by December 15 at 5 PM. There will be no refunds for withdrawn or dropped teams after this date.
- Teams that are not accepted into the tournament may remain on a waiting list – checks will not be cashed for teams that are not accepted into the event.
- ROSTER DEADLINE: Jan. 23, 2019
MAPL Raleigh is NOT a Stay-to-Play event. Triangle Volleyball Club has partnered with PSE Event Housing to secure hotel room blocks at reduced rates for tournament participants. For more information on hotels and our process for securing hotel rooms at the THREE downtown headquarter hotels, click HERE.
Tournament schedule will be avialable through AES. The Black division wil play in the first and third waves, the Blue division will play in the 2nd and 4th waves.
Event parking at the RCC is available throughout the downtown area for $7 (no in-and-out privileges).
Spectator Admission – applies to both venues
- Admission for spectators is $10 per day or $15 for both days. Children under 10 years old are free.
- Online ticket sales are not an option. Tickets can be purchased on Friday night at both venues according to the following schedule:
- RCC: 6-9 PM on the mezzanine level
- Triangle Volleyball Club: 6-8pm
- Spectator tickets will be available all day Saturday and Sunday at both locations beginning at 7am.
- ALL SPECTATORS MUST ABIDE BY THE CAROLINA REGION/USAV SPECTATOR BEHAVIOR POLICY HERE
Travel to Raleigh
- If you are traveling to Raleigh via car please check out this link about highway construction in the Raleigh area that might impact your travel schedule to Raleigh and the Raleigh Convention Center: http://www.visitraleigh.com/fortify/
- Area information found here – THINGS TO DO RALEIGH
MAPL Raleigh’s official program guide will be displayed on high-tech green friendly rotating video boards throughout the tournament venues. The screens will display event information, tournament flows, and sponsors information. The Results Station will have laptop computers available for team roster, schedule and results information. As information is downloaded directly from AES, Triangle is not responsible for the accuracy of team rosters. The management of this information is the responsibility of each participating club.
- All teams must check-in prior to their first match at their designated playing location (see “Division Assignments” above).
- Team Coaching Staff only [a maximum of 3 per team) will receive a wristband provided they are USAV members, background screened, IMPACT and SafeSport certified.
- Teams check-in times:
- Raleigh Convention Center: 6-9pm on Friday night and 7-11am on Saturday in Room 204 on the mezzanine level of the RCC.
- Triangle Volleyball Club: 6-8pm on Friday nights and 7-11am on Saturday at Tournament Desk.
MAPL Raleigh is sanctioned by USA Volleyball through the Carolina Region.
- Doors will open promptly at 7am at both locations.
- PROHIBITED ITEMS RALEIGH CONVENTION CENTER: Coolers, stadium chairs, large baggage, animals [service animals allowed], weapons, tobacco and e-cigarette products are not allowed inside or outside of the RCC (lobby, playing venue, sidewalks). Team ‘camping’ in public areas is prohibited.
- No ‘boom boxes’ or portable speakers are allowed to be used inside the facility unless they are connected to headphones. ‘Warm up music’ broadcasted from a speaker or sound system is not allowed.
- Videography – Monopods only are allowed for filming. Filming at Triangle Volleyball Club is restricted exclusively to the mezzanine level. PLEASE READ OUR NEW PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO DISCLAIMER HERE
Balls & Ball Handling Rules
- Tournament ball is the Molten Super Touch™.
- No Ball Handling allowed off the playing court surface for the safety and protection of our guests.
- Loaner balls are available for teams travelling via plane. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve warm-up balls.
- Athletic trainers are on site at both locations. Services are free with the following exceptions:
- Pre-play taping – athletes must provide own tape or pay $1
- Kinesiotherapy Taping – the cost of Kinesiotherapy tape and its application is $5 in all circumstances.
- Payment for these services will be made directly to trainers.
Concessions for MAPL Raleigh on-site at RCC are provided by Centerplate. No outside food or drink is allowed in the competition venue.
Coaches’ Hospitality – info TBD pending changes in Marriott policies
Hospitality for coaches of teams playing at Triangle will also be provided – location TBD.