Coaching at Triangle
Triangle’s ability to recruit, develop, and retain top-notch coaching staff is essential to its success. Throughout the club season and off-season we actively seek quality people who share a passion for our mission [‘Educating the whole person through excellence in the sport of volleyball’] and a true care and concern for their colleagues and our student-athletes.
If you are inspired to help others strive for excellence, then consider joining our team of coaching professionals.
Triangle coaches enjoy the following:
- A positive and collaborative working environment which supports individual excellence within a proven club-wide coaching system,
- Visible, experienced, and supportive club leadership,
- A range of commitment levels to accommodate varying work, family and personal obligations,
- Market-leading compensation and benefits,
- Professional development covering a wide range of topics relating to coaching excellence,
- An opportunity to teach and learn in a state-of-the-art 8-court dedicated facility at the Wake Competition Center (newly built in 2019).
- An operational structure which simplifies and actively supports team management allowing coaches to focus on coaching,
- Additional coaching opportunities via year-round programming and private lessons,
- Opportunities to be involved in impactful service programs to provide opportunities to those with little or no access to sport, and
- A long-standing and proven high level of competitiveness amongst our teams which supports both regional and national success.
2019/2020 Coaching Opportunities
Our approach to hiring is simple – we look for ‘good people first.’ We seek enthusiastic people who are committed to excellence and interested in both teaching and learning. Previous playing and/or coaching experience is preferred. Once hired, all coaching staff will require USAV membership and background screening, USAV IMPACT and SafeSport certification and Head’s Up Concussion Training.
- Team Coaching – Triangle fields predominantly junior girls teams [11-18s] and has a growing interest in boys teams [four teams in 2019]. The competitive level of our teams varies from national [most competitive, 7-month season] to regional [4-month season]. All Triangle team coaching positions are part-time and may be at the Head, Assistant, and/or Resource* coach level. (*non-travel position)
- Camp and Clinic coaching – Triangle offers year-round public programming from beginner/youth levels to our most advanced level HS athletes. Triangle has the areas most extensive summer camp program which runs from early June through late August.
- Satellite Program coaching – Triangle is contracted by both the Town of Cary and the Town of Wake Forest to lead their youth/teen volleyball programs each spring and summer. In addition to coaching, these programs offer coaches supervisory/officiating opportunities during town summer leagues.
- Many Triangle staff members will coach in various roles (team and camp/clinic) depending on their experience, interest and availability.
We consider applicants on a rolling basis and will hire throughout the year. Preferably team coaching hiring decisions are complete on or before October 1st of each year. Onboarding in advance of the club season allows new hires to benefit from pre-season staff orientations and on-court professional development opportunities.
To express your interest in joining our staff please submit a STAFF INTEREST FORM now.
For more information please contact Sherry Fadool, Executive Director.